Sports - Soccer
Soccer Loop and Pin
Tiger, Wolfs, Bears and Webelos Scouts may complete these requirements in a family, den, pack, school, or community environment.
Tiger Cubs must work with their parents or adult partners. Parents and partners do not earn loops or pins.
Requirements for the Soccer Belt Loop
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain the rules of soccer to your leader or adult partner.
- Spend at least 30 minutes practicing soccer skills.
- Play a game of soccer.
Requirements for the Soccer Pin
Earn the Soccer belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Participate in a pack, school, or community soccer tournament.
- Demonstrate the skills of passing, collecting, shooting, heading, dribbling, and tackling.
- Demonstrate skill in goal keeping.
- Accurately lay out a soccer field for a game.
- Demonstrate five types of fouls and explain why players should avoid them.
- Demonstrate how to juggle the soccer ball and keep it from touching the ground for 30 seconds.
- Play at least two games of Soccer Tennis.
- Spend at least a total of six hours playing soccer. Keep track of your time on a chart.
- Join a soccer team in your community or school.
- Attend a high school, college, or professional soccer game.
- Learn about a U.S. Olympic soccer team and report your information to your den.
- Explain the history of soccer.
Soccer Online Resources
Steps to Follow:
- Download and Print Worksheet at bottom of page
- Scout completes Worksheet
- Turn completed Worksheet into your Den Leader
- Den Leader may have questions for your Scout
- Den Leader will enter completion date into Tracking Software
- Scout will be awarded Loop a/o Pin at the next Pack Meeting
- Limit of Two Loops and Two Pins per Month