Sports - Roller Skating
Roller Skating Loop and Pin
Tiger, Wolfs, Bears and Webelos Scouts may complete these requirements in a family, den, pack, school, or community environment.
Tiger Cubs must work with their parents or adult partners. Parents and partners do not earn loops or pins.
Requirements for the Roller Skating Belt Loop
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain ways to protect yourself while roller skating or inline skating, and the need for proper safety equipment.
- Spend at least 30 minutes practicing the skills of roller skating or inline skating.
- Go skating with a family member or den for at least three hours. Chart your time.
Requirements for the Roller Skating Pin
Earn the Roller Skating belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Participate in a pack or community skating event.
- Demonstrate how to disassemble and reassemble skates.
- Explain the proper clothing for roller or inline skating.
- Spend at least 30 minutes, on two occasions, practicing warm up exercises before skating.
- Play a game of roller hockey.
- Learn two new roller skating skills: Forward Scissors, Forward Stroking, Crossover, or Squat Skate.
- Participate in a roller or inline skating skill development clinic.
- Demonstrate how to stop quickly and safely.
- Demonstrate how to skate backwards. Skate backwards for five feet.
- Play a game on roller skates, roller blades, or inline skates.
Steps to Follow:
- Download and Print Worksheet at bottom of page
- Scout completes Worksheet
- Turn completed Worksheet into your Den Leader
- Den Leader may have questions for your Scout
- Den Leader will enter completion date into Tracking Software
- Scout will be awarded Loop a/o Pin at the next Pack Meeting
- Limit of Two Loops and Two Pins per Month